PLEASE NOTE: Livestock and liability for livestock is only available as part of a smallholder insurance package. The notes below reflect the livestock cover that is available as part of that package.
Your livestock are a vital part of your agricultural business. As such, you want to be confident they are properly insured against a variety of perils which can affect them, be it fire, lightning, electrocution, impact by vehicle, fatal injury off your premises (“straying” cover) or whilst in transit.
At Isca Barum, we understand the importance of making sure your cover for these animals is the right cover and we have many years experience in providing insurance solutions to smallholders and farmers. Additionally, there are some important add-ons to consider which we will be happy to discuss with you:
- Sheep worrying – there continues to be a significant risk of sheep worrying. Uncontrolled dogs can cause significant damage to a flock in a very short period.
- Theft – a problem in many areas, particularly due to recent increased values of livestock.
- Full mortality (specified livestock) – any particularly valuable animals should be insured on a full mortality and loss of use basis.
- Bulls fertility guarantee – if you are selling pedigree bulls cover can be provided for the vendors guarantee.
- Working dogs – if the business has working dogs these should be specified on your insurance schedule otherwise insurers will impose an upper value limit which may be inadequate.
- Livestock belonging to third parties – any livestock on your premises that belong to someone else will not be covered unless specifically noted on your policy.
- Livestock sum insured – this should represent the maximum value of livestock at risk.
If you would like an insurance quote, please complete our online quote form or contact us on 0345 241 6501.