This Website is provided by Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd whose details are set out on the Website (as may be amended from time to time).
We take your privacy seriously and will endeavour to protect it.
We also explain how we recognise your legal rights, including your right to a copy of your personal data as set out in Data Protection legislation.
We are committed to complying with all relevant data protection legislation.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time.
How we obtain your personal data
We may collect and process the following data about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data):
Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem via our Website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Your name, company name, telephone number, email address and password. We may need this information in order to provide you with access to the website and to ensure we can identify you.
How we use your personal data
Information that you or a third party provide to us about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) will be used only for the following purposes (and subject to any preferences of which you have notified us):
We may retain and disclose your personal data in order to comply with any statutory, legal or regulatory obligations. We are required to report details of any suspicious transactions to the National Crime Agency and may need to forward information including personal data to them or related organisations.
Similarly, we may also need to disclose information about our customers, including personal data, to certain bodies who have statutory powers, for example, the Department of Work and Pensions.
We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
We will keep your information for a reasonable period of time for the above purposes.
Keeping your information safe
Our Website has security installed to ensure that any personal data entered onto the site is protected against loss, misuse or alteration. We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of your data; however you should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data it intended. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to protect your security, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise users that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore that you use the Website at your own risk. We also have a confidentiality policy in place, which means we hold your information securely.
Keeping your personal data secure
Your legal rights
We are committed to delivering the rights that Data Protection legislation provides to individuals and details under data protection legislation are set out below:
Who are we?
Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd complies with its obligations under data protection legislation by:
• keeping personal data up to date;
• storing and destroying it securely;
• not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
• protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and
• ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide an insurance quotation facility to our clients on all types of general insurance,
• To manage insurance policies and the renewal thereof on behalf of our clients
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records.
• To operate the Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
Following your explicit consent we may from time to time:
• Inform you of our news, events, activities or services.
• Contact you to obtain your opinion of current and potential new services we may offer.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Consent of the data subject (you)
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract of insurance;
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with certain insurance companies, wholesale brokers, credit reference agencies and premium credit providers. These third parties may use profiling in order to establish suitability criteria.
We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and for a minimum period of six (6) years in case of any legal claims or complaints and for safeguarding purposes.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under data protection legislation, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data but these rights are subservient to the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the contractual obligations to which you may be subject : –
• The right to be informed about who we are and how and why we process personal data –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd holds about you;
• The right to request that Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd to retain such data subject to legal requirements under the FSMA 2000;
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability).
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office: You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
or at the Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact:
The Compliance Manager (Data Protection Officer) Isca Barum Insurance Brokers Ltd.,
Stratus House, Emperor Way, Exeter Business Park, Exeter
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01392 363111
Looking for advice or a quote?
Call us on
9am - 5pm Mon - Fri
or we can call you