Isca Barum Insurance Brokers, based in Exeter and Barnstaple, are raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Society with two quite different initiatives.
Bruce Archibold, MD of Isca Barum celebrates 40 years in the insurance business in September, by taking on a challenge which found him banished to his woodworking workshop to make a bespoke coffee table and four bowls to celebrate the four decades he has worked in the insurance industry. But, the catch was, he had to finish the project within 7 days!!
We are very pleased to report that Bruce successfully completed his challenge, on time and in fact made five bowls not four! You can follow his story and video clips on our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/iscabarum/
The second part of the initiative, saw Bruce with fellow colleagues of Isca Barum take part in the Alzheimer’s Society Exeter Memory Walk on Sunday September 3rd.The day was well supported, albeit very wet and stormy.
Bruce said; ‘’I’m supporting the Alzheimer’s Society for my chosen charity as I recently lost my own Mother to this dreadful condition. Last year alone the Alzheimer’s Society, through their local services, directly helped over 100,000 people. I want them to be able to help even more!’’
Dementia is not a natural part of ageing and it doesn’t just affect older people. Over 40,000 people under 65 in the UK have dementia. This is called early-onset or young-onset dementia.
Dania Shaw, Community Fundraiser for Alzheimer’s Society said: “We are very grateful that the team at Isca Barum have chosen to support us. We were delighted that they took part in our Exeter Memory Walk, despite the awful weather. They now continue their support with Bruce’s unique Directors Challenge. It’s fantastic to be able to unite and raise awareness of dementia in this way.”
Now that Bruce has completed the table and bowls, they will be auctioned on Ebay to raise further funds for the https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/homepage/94/south_west_area
Details of each of the 6 items being sold can be found on the following Ebay Auction Links
- Coffee Table http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charity-Auction-Ash-Oak-Coffee-table-Bespoke-piece-In-aid-of-Alzheimer-039-s-/272841662085?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
- Cherry Wood Bowl http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alzheimer-039-s-Society-Charity-Auction-Cherry-Wood-Bowl-Bespoke-handmade-piece-/272841544011?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
- Oak Wood Bowl http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/272841596667?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
- Sycamore Wood Bowl http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/272841612784?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
- Lace Wood Bowl http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/272841624946?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
- Spalted Beech Wood Bowl http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charity-Auction-Spalted-Beech-Wood-Bowl-handmade-piece-In-aid-of-Alzheimer-039-s-/272841644977?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Anyone still wanting to support Bruce can still donate via his Just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bruce-archibold-directors-challenge
On behalf of the Isca Barum Charity Team and Bruce Archibold, we would like to thank everyone for their support and kind generosity in this event.