Select Page

Are you insured if you use your own private vehicle for work?
When purchasing motor insurance, it is imperative that you make the right choice of cover for how you use your vehicle.
The choices you will have are:
• Social Domestic & Pleasure (SD&P)
• SD&P and Commuting to your normal place of work
• SD&P, commuting and whilst driving your vehicle for your occupation

Our Personal Lines Department have Just taken a call from a client, whose occupation is a carer, she had received a text from her employer stating she needs business use for her car as she uses the vehicle visiting clients in their own home. The employer sent the round robin text to all of their employees because a member of staff had a claim repudiated because they hadn’t extended the cover on their policy.

Make sure you check the detail of your motor insurance!
We want to highlight the importance of this as often the direct markets default to the Social Domestic & Pleasure cover basis in the initial input stage –which will make their price more competitive – but it will leave you out of pocket in the event of a claim as potentially you will not be insured.

Pin It on Pinterest