Advice on Making an Insurance Claim
With years of experience from working for both sides, our Claims Manager, Paul Mayer, shares some tips for submitting an insurance claim to prevent delays and complications down the line.
Nobody really wants to spend time submitting an insurance claim. However, spending a little time to get it right at the outset can pay dividends further down the line. This is one of the many reasons Isca Barum Insurance Brokers’ in-house claims team guides all our clients through the entire claims process – we never just send them ‘the forms’!
I hope you find it useful.
Here are my top 5 tips for submitting an insurance claim.
- Tell your provider as soon as possible. Even if you only suspect you need to make a claim
- Documentation is important. Most claims require supporting documents – the quicker this can be provided, the quicker your claim will settle.
- Where the insurance company requests information try to provide it – they ask for a reason and it can help avoid delay
- Don’t lie – you’ll get found out
- Be patient. Even with the best will in the world, claims take time to process
Here are answers to questions we’re most often asked at the time a claim is being prepared for submission:
(Q&A to be retrieved via FAQ plugin based on category ‘claim-imminent’)
While there are limits to the extent we can get involved in a claim if you’re not a client, if you’ve a question you’d like Paul’s advice on then we’d be glad to try and help. All we ask in return is that you let us give you a no obligation quote for your next renewal. Seem fair? Then Ask Paul!
Our claims expert Paul Mayer shares advice on best practice when submitting an insurance claim.
Would you like to benefit from a pro-active, results orientated insurance broker?
Alternatively call us on
either Exeter 01392 363111 or Barnstaple 01271 320320 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri
or we can call you